What makes Churton special?
New world wine tempered with old world style
At Churton, we inherently believe that wine is made in the vineyard. Churton is a 22 hectare single vineyard and encompasses an undulating ridge line between the Omaka and Waihopai valleys in Marlborough, New Zealand. 200 metres above sea level, the distinctive property faces northeast and captures the cool morning and warm daytime sun ideal for slow and long ripening. Vines are close planted and soils are older and denser than the neighbouring valley floor with good clay content.
- Family owned and operated
- Established in 1997
- The vineyard comprises of 17 blocks, each parcel with its own unique aspect and topography
- Focused portfolio of just four varietals; Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir, Viognier & Petit Manseng
- Two ultra premium single block expressions, Best End Sauvignon Blanc & The Abyss Pinot Noir
- Farmed using biodynamic practices
- Certified organic with Bio Gro New Zealand
- 100% hand harvested
- Vines are close planted to the contours of the land
- Yield strictly limited to no more than 1.5kg per vine
- Blocks are harvested individually and kept separate throughout the winemaking process
- Natural cork closures